HPLC Technique Troubleshooting
Chromatography is a versatile separation technique developed way back in 1903 by Mikhail Tsvet, a Russian botanist for the separation of plant pigments. Since then this technique has evolved as a powerful tool in the lab for the separation and identification of different compounds in a mixture.
Chromatography is used as an indispensable tool nowadays, with a wide range of applications In the:
- Food Industry – For Separation and analysis of additives, preservatives, vitamins, proteins, Toxins & Nutritional value of foods
- Pharmaceutical Industry – To purify materials, separate compounds, in drug discovery, etc.
- Chemical Industry – For testing purity of air & water samples: look out for contaminants
- Forensic Testing
- Field Of Molecular Biology
Types of chromatography
- Column chromatography
- Ion-exchange chromatography
- Gel-permeation (molecular sieve) chromatography
- Affinity chromatography
- Paper chromatography
- Thin-layer chromatography
- Gas chromatography
- Dye-ligand chromatography
- Hydrophobic interaction chromatography
- Pseudoaffinity chromatography
- High-pressure liquid chromatography (HPLC)
It is a must-know technique for all researchers owing to its vast no of applications & Usage in multiple domains of research. Out of various chromatographic techniques, HPLC – High-Performance Liquid Chromatography Technique is the most important & widely used.
Presenting eBook on HPLC Troubleshooting Guide For all Premium Biotecnika Members. Download the ebook PDF copy from the link below.
HPLC Troubleshooting Guide eBook – Table of Contents: